You have been hearing the reports of supply chain problems that are affecting you and our entire industry.
Here is what we know:
Business is good. There is demand for the products we sell.
For the most part, we sell things that make people feel good and we all need that right now, for sure.
· Manufacturers’ supply chains have been interrupted for some months now. Once vendors were able to start
placing and shipping product again, their estimates were low. No one knew sales would be this good, and we are
seeing a much bigger than expected demand.
· That fact, coupled with the issues at the ports, has led to backups, late goods, etc.
Every aspect of our industry has been affected.
· Vendors that ship from overseas, and vendors that produce goods here in the US, but need certain parts that
come from elsewhere, have all seen disruption in acquiring raw materials, and parts for finished product.
· Covid-19 guidelines require less people working, and space constraints, both in manufacturing and in
transportation. This is a major factor as to why goods aren’t flowing the way they should be.
Here is what we can do:
Our reps are out there every day, virtually and in person. They are checking stock levels, talking with our office staff
and the vendors to insure they have all the information they need to help you make good buying decisions.
We are here to work with you and help you.
And what you can do:
· Write orders now. Be sure to submit orders for all the goods you need for the summer selling season.
· While we usually wait for the tourists and travelers to arrive, this year, consider submitting reorders for
summer shipping now. Your rep can contact you prior to those future ship dates and you can amend/ change the
order. By submitting those back up orders now, especially on “annuity” goods such as books and other items, you
can ensure your orders will be in the “Queue”.
· Submit your fourth quarter/ seasonal orders as soon as you can. This will provide assurance that you get
what you want for Holiday selling.
We are here to help inform and guide you.
That is why the winters group continues to exist and grow….so we can assist our retailers however you need us.
Our mantra has always been:
“We are not here to sell you anything, we are here to help you buy.”
I thank you for your time and your business.
the winters group.